Wednesday, May 16, 2007

On Kelly Rowland

S, long ago, way before Paris was sentenced to jail and before LiLo started snorting lines off toilet seats, I said we were in need of a black starlet. My vote was on Kelly Rowland to get in on this noveau celebrity trend of doing-nothing-but-being-famous craze (cf. Nicole Ritchie, Paris Hilton...) Of course these girls have mired the whole thing with a string of drugs, sex tapes, and crotch shots...but if there were to be black starlet, who better than Kelly R? She has fame, she has the style, she can get herself invited to almost any party...so why is her PR on permanent stall? I mean just look at her in this little yellow dress the other night, she is FAB (minus the shoes...but I digress). The point is it is time for her to break out of Beyonce's shadow and get her career going.

My advice: #1 she needs to hire her own PR separate from the Knowles #2 start dating someone US Weekly worthy - even if its a fake relationship - and I know the pickings are slim...maybe Usher once he inevitably breaks up with that 40-year old #3 Start going to every party possible - not black parties in Miami with Serena - but parties that get big press coverage #4 Go on vacation with your press friendly man, and get pictures of you in a bikini (works for Beyonce)

Its the Hollywood formula, but hey its working for all these two-bit, nobodies, why not Kelly???

1 comment:

Sloane said...

That cheap satin dress is throwing me off. Yes, yellow is the hot color this season but that synthetic satin is KILLING me! I am not sure about Kelly R? She's not fully of the "fabness."