Tuesday, May 29, 2007

The LiLo Junkie Pics

Sloane, I had to bring them to you, the extremely sad pictures of LiLo the night AFTER her DUI drug bust looking like a junkie mess with her friend Samantha Ronson. You are so right, she has become a very tragic figure. There is a show on A&E called Intervention that I became mildly obsessed with a few months back. It chronicles addicts who are either at bottom or hovering very close followed by a surprise intervention staged by their family and friends. One thing I know is that none of those addicts get better if they don't truly want to get better. And in her eyes I don't see someone who wants to get better, she still loves the lifestyle of her addiction. She would have to give up the club scene completely, cut off all her druggie friends. And, hardest of all, everyone closest to her - most of all her mother - would also have to seek treatment to figure out what they have done to enable her addiction for this long. Is any of this going to happen? I doubt it. Perez is quoting Life&Style as saying LiLo has already checked into Promises for treatment. I have $50 that that is more PR move than anything.

And as much as people talk about Whitney Houston, can we please applaud my girl for keeping her shit in check for DECADES before she was a drugged out mess all over the paps?

No comments: