Tuesday, May 22, 2007

The Look Book

Chase:
It's Tuesday and you must know by now that I didn't make the cut for this week's "Look Book" in NY Magazine. Of course I still think that my outfit (yellow dress, red belt, red flats, vintage Gucci and over sized Dior's) was way more fabulous than Natasha Mitra's, but I guess my story was not as superficial, which is why the editor nixed me. I guess my story was too normal: a journalist, on the way to Dean and Deluca for lunch (makes me yawn!) I had no story about my $3500 Louis Vuitton and or my Dior shoe collection. Unlike Ms. Mitra I didn't give any fantastic bubble-brained sound bites like "consuming is my speciality." So in the end Ms. Mitra may be in this week's Look Book, but I still have my dignity. And to think this girl is going to Harvard Business School in the fall!
Airhead!
S

1 comment:

Chase said...

You were robbed!!!! And you never know, maybe they will look through their archive and see the gem they missed :)