Friday, May 18, 2007

Looking like a First Lady


Chase:
As you know my feelings about Michelle Obama have been mixed ever since I heard her refer to Barack as her "baby daddy" in front of a group of supporters (this was before he announced his ca
candidacy for president.) I think the world of Barack Obama, but have been struggling with my views on Michelle until today when the New York Times ran this piece on her. It was not necessarily the article that got me warming up to Michelle (truthfully, I have been trying to embrace her since that 60 Minutes interview) but rather the picture of her, decked to the nine's on the campaign trail. In this outfit she is the epitome of a modern first lady. Gone are the days of the frumpy, ill-fitting Oscar de la Renta suits that both Laura Bush and Hillary Clinton are known for and in is the first lady who can rock the waist-belted suit with a trendy, crisp white ruffled shirt underneath. She looks fab! I am going to say a prayer in the hopes that she keeps worshiping the fashion gods. And by the way, just to make mention, even her processed hair looks great in this shot.

Obama for life!
Sloane
P.S. I heard that she likes to shop at Barney's

1 comment:

putty said...

she's still wearing a pound of pancake on her face tho. black don't crack, but paint, paint cracks.