Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Spotlight On: Robin Givhan

I am going to start this out and say Ms. Givhan is not the best at taking pictures, this was actually one of the better images of her I found. It is something in the forced tightness of her smile, it almost looks like a kindergartener taking a class picture. But anyhoo, I must introduce you to Ms. Givhan, who I deemed sublime yesterday at the CFDAs on the arm of her father. Robin is the Fashion Editor of the Washington Post and a 2006 Pulitzer Prize winner for Criticism for her "witty, closely observed essays that transform fashion criticism into cultural criticism." She has also worked for Vogue, the San Francisco Chronicle and the Detroit Free Press. Okay, yes she is a bit boring as far as any real dirt goes...but I thought I would give her some shine, cause black editors in newspapers period are hard to find. So that was your black history moment of the day, your welcome.

1 comment:

Sloane said...

Julee Wilson loves this woman!