Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Is this for real?

Sloane dear, do you remember these Steve Madden treasures from like 10 years ago? I remember them well, had a pair that I rocked hard throughout the summer of '97 and even a bit in '98 - I know the shame. But they were hot THEN. And to my dismay and bewilderment, these shoes somehow are making a comeback on fashion challenged feet throughout NYC. When I tell you I have seen these so often that I decided to google them, just to figure out WHERE THE HELL WOMEN ARE FINDING THEM?!?! My first assumption was that bitches had stockpiled these things in '97 because I certainly have not seen them for sale at any shoe store I frequent. But upon my google trip I see that they are actually for sale on stevemadden.com under his "classics" section. Sigh. Why do retailers do this to women? Don't they know how many sheep there are out there who will welcome the return of their old faithfuls? I am just saddened by the news, do I have a summer full of these things to look forward to? Please protect me from this horror!!!

1 comment:

Sloane said...

HAHA! I had a pair of those too! Where in hell did you see women in these? Are you sure you are not mistaking your stop over in the midwest on the way back from L.A. for the fashionable streets of NYC?