Friday, June 1, 2007

Rihanna a crackbaby?

Yes girl, YES. Rihanna dishes in today's Daily News about growing up with a crack addicted father.

"I just knew that my mom and dad would always argue when there was a foil paper with an ashtray," she says. "He would just go into the bathroom all the time. I didn't know what it was. ... [But] he knew that to get closer to [his kids], he had to cut that out. And he did."
Its funny because Rihanna has really, really grown on me. I originally refused to even learn her name, preferring to call her "Pon da Forehead" instead, but you know I have a soft spot for good fashion...and over the last year she has been very good fashion. The crackhead dad thing definitely adds a new element, but doesn't it also explain so much? I mean the girl is like 18 or something and in her 3 year career, I have NEVER seen even a ghost of a parent around her. Perhaps I am just used to all the "momangers" that litter pop-tart music, but it does speak volumes of where she comes from. I am liking the honesty, it gives her a new dimension....and I see that Jay-Z does have a thing for women with daddy issues....

No comments: