Tuesday, July 3, 2007

GlaxoSmithKline to anorexics: Don't forget that extra change of underwear!

Chase:
You know I am always up to date on my pills, so I am sure it came as no surprise to you my latest interest in this new FDA approved, over-the-counter weight loss drug Alli. Until last night I did not know much about Alli, except for the fact that it was the iPhone of pharmaceuticals last week. I did some research and Alli seems as if it could be a really effective little pill but the side effects are scaring me a bit. See Alli is a weight loss aid that belongs to a class of drugs called lipase inhibitors. Lipase is a digestive enzyme that breaks down the fat our food so that it is easily absorbed and stored. Alli works directly in the digestive track by preventing the action of lipase, when then inhibits the body's absorption of fat. The bottom line is you cannot take Alli if you are on the Atkins diet! Alli only works with a low fat diet because if more than a certain amount of fat is ingested per meal the side effects can range from "uncontrollable bowel movement" to "gas with an oily discharge." EEEEEW! GROSS! Then again some of us will try anything to shed that extra 7 lbs that won't f*&k off!

No comments: