Tuesday, July 3, 2007

The Divine Mr. Galliano

My God Sloane, these are the times when I really wonder why I never went into fashion journalism. Have you checked out the 60th Anniversary Dior collection? OMG. Sublime never had a definition before this show. I am in awe of that man's talent. And, just to make all us fashion bitches wet our pants a little he sent the 40 plus looks down the runway on our fav supermodels of the 90s. One name should suffice: Linda. Yes, my first supermodel love was in the building along with her bff Naomi...my only disappointment was that Christy Turlington was not there, that would have been the 90s trinity in full effect. Unfortunately, Linda's frock was not at all my favorite, but still Linda was on the runway. And, can I just tell you that Galliano is now in my fashion hall of fame? I just have no comprehension of how someone can turn out over FORTY of the most divine, intricate, one of a kind pieces...this is what fashion is all about...brava!

No comments: