Monday, April 30, 2007

Beyonce at her best


Ok,

We have discussed this many times, Beyonce and the gaudy. Gaudy is like her best friend, next to her other friend, tacky and the other member of the crew, drag queen. NOW, before I get the wrath of your overly obsessed boyfriend, let me say this. I do agree that Beyonce is naturally a very beautiful woman. So, why the constant bells and whistles? I mean, on stage, I get it, but do you remember that las-vegas-glitter-bomb from the Golden Globes???? Those outfits and the mediocre music are why I just can not completely support her. Then I see videos like Flaws and All. Do you see how pretty this girl is when she has no artifice? And the song is just as simple and bare bones and its so enjoyable that way. When she just sings...and doesn't do those awful vocal gymnastics (oooo--uuhhhh-o-o-o-o-o-OOOO--OO-O-O), it really does comes together. I vote for simple Beyonce. If she could keep like this, she may, just may, fulfill my search for the Black Gwyneth Paltrow (more on that later).

Lata, C.

2 comments:

putty said...

sorry, that video is still boring as all hell. slightly different than her regular pageant poses, but still a million shots of her face and no one else's. pretending not to care is not the same as not caring. beyonce is narcissus. when is she gonna drown already?

Anonymous said...

I thought you didn't like this song. I thought I told you she was the voice of the mutha uffing generation : )