Monday, April 30, 2007

Am I getting old? Or just getting over hip-hop?


Yo -
Before you begin to answer that with "yes, Chase you are old", look at these pictures from Springfest 2007 that I found over at YBF...do you even know who these people are either? Ok, I let me test myself, one is Young Joc, the other is Jim Jones (I could recognize his stench anywhere), and the third...Rich Boy! I feel a little better, but are these guys the new turn-on? If I were 10 years younger would that do it for me? I just CAN NOT see that...And more to the point, can we say that record labels have finally gotten over that "artists must be attractive and have packaging" virus of old? OR is the new thing to just be completely unattractive, throw on some ice, and it all evens out? And if so, can someone please get Meshell Ndegeocello some ice so she can FINALLY break out, that girl is amazing...wait does my shout out to "real music" make me even older? BAH! I JUST CAN NOT WIN!!! okay, going to 125th to buy my youth back...And, I am not even going to TOUCH the minstrelsy in that Young Joc pic above, its just too painful.

- C.

No comments: